Pedal to the Parade
Fiesta’s oldest event proves that it’s never too late to go green! The Battle of Flowers presents Pedal to the Parade, a green events innovation. Avoid traffic, lower your carbon imprint and get some exercise, rent a B-cycle or ride your own and pedal to Maverick Park for premium event seating.
Click here for a map that illustrates route suggestions starting with convenient vehicle parking & B-cycle stations.
- Bike safety should always be considered.
- Obey all traffic signals and signs.
- A person operating a bicycle slower than the flow of traffic must ride as near as practical to the right curb or edge of the roadway.
- Riding against traffic (wrong-way) is illegal in all 50 states.
- A bicyclist on a one-way roadway with two or more traffic lanes may ride as near as practical to the left curb edge of a roadway.
- Bicyclists may ride side by side so long as it does not prevent the reasonable flow of traffic. Bicyclists riding side by side on a striped roadway must be in a single lane.
- Bicyclists riding at night are required to equip their bicycles with a white light front lamp visible from at least 500 feet and a rear red reflector or red lamp visible from at least 500 feet. Non compliance with this ordinance is a Class C Misdemeanor punishable up to $200 fine.
- A person may not use a bicycle to carry more persons than the bicycle is designed or equipped to carry.
- Bicyclists must maintain at least one hand on the handlebar while operating the bicycle.
- A bicycle in motion may not be attached to a streetcar or vehicle on a roadway.
- Bike must be equipped with brakes.
- Bikes must yield to pedestrians.
- Bicycles may not to be ridden on sidewalks (except for law enforcement and emergency personnel).