Thank you for your interest in the 2015 Battle of Flowers® Parade. The Parade is theme based. This year’s theme is “This Land is Your Land”. Each entry must have a title or subject that is an integral part of the Parade plan and design. Costumes and decorations must conform to the theme. Only a limited number of entries can be accepted by the Parade Board. Entries of a political nature will not be accepted. There are five ways groups may participate.
- Amusements – An amusement is a costumed group that performs a routine or an act to entertain the crowd. Groups are not allowed to simply walk in costume. Participants must be at least twelve years of age. The participating group will provide an identifying banner. Approximate costs include costumes, the banner and costs related to developing the routine or act.
- Antique Cars – An antique car, for Parade purposes, is defined as one manufactured before 1939. It must be fully decorated in accordance with the theme of the Parade. Costumed participants must reflect the theme. Approximate costs include car or truck rental fees, decorations, costumes, and a fresh floral tribute to be presented at the Alamo.
- Horse Drawn Carriages and Wagons – Carriages and wagons must be fully decorated and follow the Parade theme with participants and driver costumed to reflect the theme. Approximate costs include the carriage or wagon rental fee, decorations, costumes, a $110.00 insurance fee and a fresh floral tribute to be presented at the Alamo.
- Floats – The Civic/Educational Float Section is available to 501(c) (3) organizations. There is a $50.00 fire inspection fee. The Commercial Float Section is available to businesses and corporations. The fee for a Commercial Float Entry is $100.00 for a business with fewer than 100 employees and $500.00 for a business with more than 100 employees. The floats must be decorated in accordance with the theme of the Parade. There are very specific requirements regarding the size of the float and the type of tow vehicle used. Participants must be in costume. Approximate costs include float construction, decorations, costumes and a fresh floral tribute to be presented at the Alamo.
- Commercial Balloons – Participating businesses may choose from a number of designs offered. The cost of underwriting a balloon is $5,500.00 which includes the entry fee, banner, insurance, helium, inflation and deflation, training of handlers and transportation. Additional costs include matching attire or costumes for your volunteers and a fresh floral tribute to be presented at the Alamo. Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
Janet Putman, Parade Chair 2015
Anna-Laura Block, Entries Chair 2015
2015 Ways to Participate (pdf)